Chief Clinical Officer – Plymouth Meeting, Pa
Mid Atlantic Dental Partners is rapidly growing and is seeking a Chief Clinical Officer to manage commitment to unmatched patient care and clinical excellence.
The Chief Clinical Officer (“CCO”) is the leader of all aspects of clinical operations and clinical practice. The CCO will be involved in the creation, implementation, adherence to, and overseeing processes and procedures related to setting a standard of clinical excellence.
- Must be DDS or DMD and have practiced Dentistry
- multi office management experience
Patient Experience: The (CCO) will collaborate with the operations team to ensure the best possible patient experience. The CCO will focus on the following aspects of the patient experience:
- Well-orchestrated schedules - patients are seen on time, with minimal wait time, and procedures are completed within an acceptable time frame.
- Clinical Excellence – our patients will receive top quality dental care and clinical outcome
- Billing – our patients will be billed appropriately and according to contracts with the insurers.
- Interacting with patients – coaching providers on how to engage patients, educate patients, address patients chief complaints, and make sure the patients get scheduled for the treatment that they need (and whenever possible done same day so that it is convenient for the patient).
Performance: The CCO will make sure that the offices are meeting expectations with regards to revenue and EBITDA budgets. The CCO will spend the majority of their time in the practices, working with the providers and teams, and will focus on the following:
- The CCO will pre-plan their calendar, to emphasize visiting the offices where the most impact can be made, with a specific agenda. The time spent in the practices should be making sure that our processes and procedures are being implemented, and executed on to the highest level possible. In instances where this is not the case, the CCO will be able to identify areas of deficiency, formulate a plan with the operations team, and work with the providers and practices to meet expectations.
- The CCO will help to ensure full and productive schedules through the implementation and adherence to templated schedules, sequenced treatment planning, treatment plan acceptance, and making the appropriate diagnosis.
- The CCO will regularly host office and regional meetings focused on training the providers/teams in multiple areas (such as treatment plan acceptance, improved clinical outcome, procedures/techniques, periodontal disease, working as a team, etc.)
Creation of Materials: The CCO will be instrumental in assisting with creating materials related to systems, procedures, integration, and training. Some of these materials will be the following:
- Quality assurance program – materials related to evaluating the providers based upon chart review, review of lab cases, and chairside coaching and observation.
- Presentations for meetings
- Centralization of Drugs and Supplies? Integration of Affiliations from a clinical perspective
- Various trainings
Talent: The CCO will be integral in selecting, training, and retaining the best talent in the industry. Our teams are the most important part of what we do, as they allow us to provide exceptional patient care, and a best in class patient experience. The CCO will continuously be evaluating and working to elevate our talent pool.
Compliance: The CCO will make sure the offices are adhering to all aspects of our stringent compliance program. The CCO will monitor and ad to the compliance program as necessary overtime, to make sure we maintain a zero tolerance policy with regard to compliance.
Provider Engagement: We are unable to accomplish anything, without our providers. Much like the staff, we want to attract and retain the best providers, but then we need to keep them engaged. We will put our providers in positions of leadership in the practice and support them. The CCO will act to resolve any and all provider issues, and, in matters where unable, will act as a liaison with the COO to make sure any and all issues are resolved as quickly as possible, and to the satisfaction of the providers