Position Objective: The IT / Support Help Desk Assistant provides end-user support on all software applications as well as support for all internal and external computer and applications under the direction of the IT Manager. IT support and Customer service/ support are main duties for this position.
Provides Help Desk and technical support for assisting end users with their day-to-day technical duties and issues, as well as provide IT related duties internally for the branch office. Is responsible for supporting the Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management applications in both Server based and Remote Hosted environment. Provides guidance and limited training for end-users during Help Desk support functions.
Essential Position Functions:
- Acts as initial contact for all internal and external customer support required for computer applications, workstation hardware and software, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Duties include answering the help desk phone, recording the call, first level corrective action, problem escalation to the second level when necessary.
- Prioritize and/or escalate, as appropriate, support issues with an end user.
- Performs installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers and other peripheral devices as required by Help Desk/operations.
- Provide technical and application assistance to the organization employees and contractors.
- Creation and management of service request ticket for each internal request.
- Monitor service request tickets as assigned to ensure proper and timely resolutions.
- Work with and monitor response times, evaluating user satisfaction levels, and making recommendations for improvement for the IT team and help desk operations.
- Assist with hardware inventory and procurement processes to ensure appropriate deployment of approved hardware and inventory tracking.
- Follow proper escalations and processes during a service disruption.
- Work closely with IT Manager, Desktop/Network/Applications staff to perform IT Help Desk and operations procedures according to policies and guidelines.
- Utilize and follow desktop management and support for issues resolution.
- Receive, record, and resolve support calls during normal business hours and on-call hours if applicable.
- Install new software drivers and patches; troubleshoot applications as assigned.
- Provide user training and customer orientation when necessary.
- Maintain high levels of competency with regard to these areas: Medical Software applications supported by company and operations support; End-user functions and workflows; access and security; troubleshooting methods and skills; customer service; Help Desk level support for peripherals, desktop, Network, and support of applications that are used in the organization.
- Conference room devices break/fix and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills in these areas: verbal phone, verbal face-to-face, and written.
- Ability to work well with other IT staff as well as business users.
- Ability to resolve incident resolution utilizing remote tools, phone calls, and face-to-face.
- Experience with escalation procedures in call incident ticketing
- Understand and provide network and individual printer assistance following support guidelines.
- Ability to support desktop applications.
- Desktop and notebook computer hardware break/fix and troubleshooting support.
- The urgency in reducing response times to incoming phone calls, emails, and ensuring tickets are closed as quickly as possible.
- Creation and Management of service request ticket.
- Demonstrate an understanding of after-hours protocols and willingness to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
- Make a significant attempt to reduce the current amount of open Service Requests and Change Requests.
Non-Essential Position Functions:
Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
1- 3 years' experience in a Help Desk/ Desktop/Operations supporting role in a healthcare setting.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting Lytec, LytecMD, Practice Partner or another PM (Practice Management) / EMR (Electronic Medical Record) in the healthcare setting in a Help Desk/Desktop/operations support position.
- Strong knowledge of customer service skills.
- Experience in Service Desk Incident Management Remote Desktop Support.
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, and peripheral hardware devices.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office suite, communications software, and diagnostic software.
- Experience in use, support, and troubleshooting of desktop hardware, software and peripheral devices such as printers and scanners.
- Knowledge of PC's (desktops/notebooks), printers, Basic Networking Essentials- TCP/IP.
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative.
- Must have a strong team mentality; the ability to work positively in a team environment with the ability to interact favorably with people, and work effectively as a team member, in both remote and internal office environment.
- Ability to communicate in interpersonal and technical levels both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least one - two years of relevant subject matter experience (job experience in IT help desk, operations, and technical support experience or High School diploma/Associate's degree and at least two - four years of relevant subject matter experience.