OB/GYN Phone Triage Nurse
Full time position with benefits including profit-sharing!
RN opportunity at a prestigious Maternal Fetal Medicine practice located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Under general supervision, provides professional nursing services through education and patient care in the office setting. Follows established nursing process, including patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Assists providers and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary liaison between patients, staff and providers.
• Triages and responds to patient phone calls.
• Calls prescriptions into pharmacies as required.
• Assures that results for all outgoing laboratory tests are received in a timely fashion.
• Screens incoming lab results and reports abnormal values to physicians
• Assesses the physical and psycho-social needs of patients and makes appropriate nursing interventions;
assists physicians and health care practitioners with examinations, treatments, and other procedures.
• Educates and counsels patients on procedures,medical care, and sensitive health issues, including need for follow-up; provides informational literature and makes referrals to mental health, social services, and other agencies as needed.
• Participates on the diabetic management team.
• NY license as an RN
• Experience in an OB/GYN setting; Maternal Fetal Medicine experience a plus.
• Knowledge of OB/GYN nursing principles and practice.
• Knowledge of medications and treatments.
Hours: Mon-Wed 9 to 5, Thurs 7 to 5 and Friday 9 to 5
Local candidates only.